where is home?

I don’t want to be where I’m from, and I don’t want to be where I am.

There’s this city that owns me.

I try and stay away but it keeps pulling me back.

When I step off the train, my mouth lifts and stays that way til Sunday.

This is not the biggest thing in my life.

These feet don’t tread the same here,

Shoes don’t press down deep enough.

I want the quiet back.

xxx


I don't really feel attatched to places so the notion of home is maybe different for me. Apart from the building where I live, which is of course, home. But I have little emotional attatchment to it. I could move and a new place and I would feel the same. My place in spain is the same. Home is a trap. I'm a man.

It's all about people for me and I love to travel. I can be happy anywhere. If I have a few friends around then I'm in the right place. that's home enough for me.

I have a special relationship with certain places, cities mainly, Barcelona, Malaga, Berlin. These places make me feel alive, just to be there, to sit in a bar, breath the air, to be amongst the people. They pull me in. I keep going back. But I don't want to settle in any of them, or anywhere.

xxx